From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
Revision as of 13:02, 23 August 2020 by WikiSysop
Windowsfx 10 LTS (formerly LinuxFX 10) is a Brazilian Portuguese distro to look like and be compatible with Microsoft Windows.
Windowsfx 10 WX Desktop
- Windowsfx has been developed to be fast, secure and above all, easy to use.
- Built on Linux Ubuntu, with a graphical interface of the Cinnamon environment and Linuxfx WXD tools.
- Delivers a graphical interface similar to Microsoft © Windows® 10.
- Putting it all together, you will have a fast, secure and easy to operate system.
- Brings compatibility of Microsoft © platform applications, making it possible to now use a wide range of applications originally developed for Windows® through Wine recompiled for Windowsfx.
Advantages of Windowsfx
- Fast, very fast: Windowsfx can operate very well on computers with only 2 cores and only 2GB of ram.
- Safe and stable: The base of Windowsfx is Linux, which by definition already tends to be more stable. Viruses and malware developed for Windows® will not be a problem for Windowsfx, as they are different platforms, these malicious programs cannot run on Windowsfx. That simple.
- Applications for Windows® and Linux: Windowsfx will give you access to a vast collection of applications. In addition to the apps you’re used to, you’ll have access to a new store, with thousands of free apps, just a click away.
- AD networks and workgroups: Windowsfx is designed to provide full support for Active Directory networks and Microsoft® Windows © workgroups. You will have complete access to network computers and workgroups in an easy and native way.
|VERSION||WINDOWSFX 10.5 WX DESKTOP LTS|
|Base operating system||Ubuntu 20.04 LTS / Linuxfx 10 LTS|
|Graphical interface (DM)||Cinnamon 4.6 + Linuxfx WX Desktop|
|Office suite||OnlyOffice 5.6|
|Active Directory PowerBroken (PBIS) / CID|
|.Exe / .msi compatibility Wine 5 (Linuxfx Version)|
|Windows® 10 theme b00merang GPL Windows® 10 Themepack|
|Windows® 10 Tools Linuxfx WX Desktop system tools|
ISOs available for 64 bit PC (3.8 GB), RaspberryPi and ASUS Tinkerboard