Secure Handover Care of Government Issued Devices
From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
- For the purposes of getting their work done, the Government issues various devices to the appropriate authorities. Such devices include among others:
- Best practices in using such Govt issued (even personal ones) access devices are:
- Use live OSes where possible
- Do not save passwords and history in browsers
- Clear all "recent" document links in every application used.
- Reset all passwords to common values you wish to pass on.
- Store all data in a separate folder in a non OS partition
- Factory reset the device after handing over chosen archived information to the next incumbent
- When printing mails, remove all mail headers by copy/pasting only relevant parts into a temporary word processor document.