From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
Medical Oxygen requirements vary from using
- liquid oxygen
- enriched oxygen
- pressurised air for assisted breathing
A simple way to produce oxygen locally to avoid transportation is essential for remote areas and military use on demand at high altitudes.
Space stations have been known to use UV rays to split Carbon dioxide to generate free oxygen.
High Voltage DC (bridge rectification of mains 220V AC to get 310V DC) has been known to split Oxygen (breathing, oxidation, etc) and Hydrogen (Fuel) from water. Nano Pulsed High voltage DC electricity can be studied for it's effectiveness in doing the same.
Hydrogen as a Fuel Additive
Whilst Hydrogen / Oxygen mixture has been used in Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) since the 1800s, some research is needed to check the effluent, corrosion and power output when small quantities of Hydrogen is mixed in at high speeds in current petrol / diesel based vehicle engines.
Exclusive use of Hydrogen as the fuel in an ICE would require the following modifications:
- hardened valves and valve seats
- stronger connecting rods
- non-platinum tipped spark plugs
- higher voltage ignition coil
- fuel injectors designed for a gas instead of a liquid
- larger crankshaft damper
- stronger head gasket material, modified (for supercharger) intake manifold
- positive pressure supercharger
- high temperature engine oil
Overall increase in engine cost will be around 50%.
Helium - Atmospheric Budget
Helium is a light, highly inert gas. It is a good conductor of heat. It is not inflammable.
Inhaling helium and then talking to one another, produces funny noises like a cartoon character.
The helium is often recovered during the production of liquefied natural gas and may run out in 25 to 30 years.
- Helium in the Earth's Atmosphere
- How Helium is made
- Helium Adsorption
- Design of Helium Refrigeration and Liquefaction Systems
- Helium Leak Detection - As Tracer Gas
Mechanical Energy Battery
Buoyancy has been used to store energy under the ocean and helium balloons have been known to keep platforms afloat in mid air (WiFi in the air).
High hooks constant springs in compressed form have been known to store a large amount of potential energy.
Large Vehicle Shock Absorber Springs are available as scrap. The big coil springs can be compressed and kept so till a desired offtake in mechanical motion is desired.
Creating a highly compressed high hooks constant spring in the size of an AA battery coupled to a micro generator within it and controlled release of the spring to run it would be great.
New Battery Technologies
- 2020-11-09: Metals CO2 Battery @ IIT-H
- 2020-09-16: Vanadium Redox Battery @ IIT-M
- 2019-08-27: Iron-Ion Battery @ IIT-M
Cold Pressed Oil extractor
- Many Chinese companies sell a table top cold pressed Oil seed fed extractor for under USD 70/-.
- Indian designed replacements to be both hand and motor operated.
- Existing Table Top designs:
- ResearchGate Paper on design of Oil Extractor with calculations
Heat and Light
- Software defined power grid
- UV LEDs kills Corona Virus in 30 seconds
- Sweat Enzyme Fuel Cell Power
- Solar Windows
- Low-E Heat Reflecting Windows lets in light
Wireless Electric Power Transmission
- Wikipedia | Tesla Tower
- Dipole / Cyclotron
- Near Field
- WPT high power, long range - Emrol, NZ
Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS)
- Theory | Design Calculations | Design Considerations | Triac Circuit
- The Borewell pump motor and other electrical loads generally spark when mechanically switched on or off.
- Motor control panel spares like contactor and switches are generally not stocked by neighbourhood electrical stores as they are slow moving and are sold and serviced by the equipment manufacturers or their authorised service centres.
- When electronic switching is done, it is when the voltage becomes zero during the AC cycle and hence no sparking occurs.
- Such switches may be opto-coupled and SCR triggered.
- Self-powered ZVS ICs like CA3059 are available.
- Available inexpensively at Amazon under USD 20/-
- GHz Electromagnetic Waves to Acoustic Resonance in Virus
- UV Sanitizers - Investigation - ZEB UVS500
- UV + Ozone Sanitizers
- Caldor UV System
- Buoyant Force computation
- Rotation cancellation on spring compression - Helical Machined Springs
- Spring Rotation without Bending, Rubbing and Translation
- Making a Torsion Spring
- DIY CNC Router by DIY Builds.ca
- DIY 3D Printer
- Making Steel Balls
- Generate Pure Oxygen and Hydrogen at Home
- Water Bike Pedal Boat
- Shuttle Bike
- Bicycle Generator
- Hydrogen ICE
- Hydrogen Fuel Enhancement
- Simple Transistor Projects - 6.10 MB, 101 pages, circa 1973
- Chemical Oxygen Generator
- Pressure Swing Adsorption
- CO2 UV Photolysis
- CO2 Absorption Graph
- CO2 Absorption in near Infra Red
- CO2 Splitting Device
- Tease Oxygen
- How dry ice is made | @ WikiHow
- Equipment for Manufacturing Dry Ice
- Continental Carbonic Process
- Gehm Dry Ice Process