Portal User Interfaces
From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
Skills Ministry Portal - Web User Interfaces
- Who is allowed to do what, when and how.
- Roles and Permissions
- Authority and assigned roles
- Admin and Implementation methodology
- Admin Interface is the Super set of all permissions having the power to change everything - a position of absolute trust.
- Depending on the frequency of change, identify frequent changing parameters and assign web interfaces for them only as far as exclusive Admin related authority is concerned.
- The rest of the Admin changes can be in config files.
- Sufficient Audit Trail will be needed atleast when there is more than one interventionist authority.
- Restricted to the records they have created whilst selective visibility of others records and actions
- Must be able to identify responsibility and outcomes
- Delays and other actionable situations should be identifiable and failover / replacement rules applied
- Identity theft should be guarded against
- Create, Update own records
- Auto download and upload of web forms and documents
- Third party viewing / verification permissions management
Proactive UI Development
- Using Open Source technologies, manage code change with the likes of Git
- Collaborative team based development
- Iterative feedback based Agile development
- Data integrity and updation to match code changes
- Integration of all business aspects including the Call Centre