Need for MoU
From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
ATI CHENNAI : INDUSTRY – INSTITUTE COLLABORATED TRAINING PROGRAMMES
Memorandum of Understanding
Expand repertoire of courses and activities
- Industry demanded skillsets
- Niche and Specialised avenues
- Critical Equipment Upkeep, Calibration and Testing Areas
Effective Resource utilisation
- Less Investment - Use of their machinery/equipment/software for training
- Training Target Increase
- Skill Training in New Thrust Areas
- Common and Distributed Knowledgebases
Faculty and Interaction
- Industry faculty
- Job Placement
- Quality Improvement
- Faculty Development
- Organise Workshop/Seminar in emerging fields of Technology
- Industrial Visits
- DIY based Build, Own, Operate and Maintain (BOOM) model courses
Emerging Revenue Models
- Technical Consultancy
- Establish Centres for Excellence
- Mutual Benefit and Growth
- Entrepreneurial Incubation facilitation
- Project Evaluation
Revenue Model to be devised
The short term courses (AVTS) offered by the institute is being a paid service. For long term benefit for Industry – Institute linkage, any one of the revenue model has to be devised.
- Flexible/Higher Fee rate for specialised courses ( Shared by the Institute and the Industry )
- Per course and / or per trainee based considering the contribution of the Industry in terms of
- Machinery and Equipment
- Facilities like remote access, knowledgebases and other ongoing support and resources
ATI Chennai - Industry Collaborated Training Programmes in the Pipeline
Electronics and Process Control Areas form the initial thrust of most demanded skillsets. The following companies are being interacted with at various levels to bring it to fruition.
- Pioneers in manufacturing of automated test equipments for Digital, Analog and mixed ICs in- circuit and off board testing.
- Having more than 1000 clients including Defence, Aerospace, PSUs and Manufacturing Industries.
- ATI, Chennai will be conducting skill training on automated test equipments in collaboration with Qmax.
- Demonstration on latest technology - Desktop Automated PCB Test Equipments
- Major suppliers of training kits to all educational institutes like Engg Colleges, Polytechnics including ATI\’s in the field of electronics, micro controllers, PLC automation and robotics.
- ATI, Chennai conducts skill training in the following areas supported by Vi Microsystems.
- Demonstration on latest technology in the field of training on
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Wireless sensor networks
- Provides products and services in the area of Dynamic Simulation and Advance Process Control (APC). Today's operator training simulator (OTS) solutions provide some of the most effective ways to train new operators, refresh the skills of experienced ones, and qualify or re-qualify all operators globally to retain knowledge, help ensure efficient operations, and avert potential disasters.
- ProSimulator has off-the-shelf Standard simulation models for Process control and instrumentation, Basic process operations, Refining, Gas processing Fertilizer, Petrochemicals and power & utility.
- World renowned mobile phone/MAC computer manufacture, interested to join with ATI Chennai in offering skill training on Mobile Applications for Engineering and Polytechnic/ ITI students.
- EVx has developed a set of solutions that enable users to develop real-world micro apps: (i) directly from the users\’ smartphone without any PC or other software;
- Micro apps are up to 1000X smaller in size than traditional mobile apps;
- Micro apps can be developed without knowledge of Java or other traditional programming languages.
- ATI-CHENNAI has reviewed and evaluated the EVx solution and the micro app technology, and ATI-CHENNAI has determined that it is critical to train students across the nation to develop micro apps using Smart Phone with the help of the EVx solution.
for further details: