NCVT MIS Project
From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
MIS System for all ITIs
- Wipro has been awarded the contract for setting up the MIS Portal for NCVT.
- The NCVT MIS Portal must inform the public
- What the details of deliverable are
- Time frame to complete
- Cost of project and resources allocated till date
- Timeline and amount details of monies paid to Wipro for the project
- Names and designations of persons who chose Wipro as the Vendor and when
- Penalty / Operational Consequences and Mitigation strategies for non delivery / partial delivery / non maintenance
- Who will take charge of the infrastructure - software/hardware/training/maintenance when Wipro leaves / hands over the project
Rather than wait for someone to use RTI to question the government, it would be appropriate to be proactive.
Bugs and UI Feedback
- The NCVT MIS Portal site needs to have the Menu code fixed. A Submit ITI Ratings menu link appears below the Home menu button as a separate button whilst being present appropriately as a submenu of the ITI button as well. This redundant button covers the really useful search submenu button rendering the latter unclickable.
- Bug and Fix, On Fix screenshots.
- There are currently 12341 ITIs listed in the Search Portal and remains so for several months now. This data is imperative to be updated regularly.
- There are only 6 Instructors across all ITIs listed as of now in the Portal.
- ITI Search Listing page should have Pincode in a separate column instead of being buried inside the Address.
- There appear to be upto 16432 details pages but in actuality, there are currently oly 12406 ITIs details pages with several gaps in the numbering sequence.
- There are no details pages for ranges of ITI Reference IDs like from
- 3 to 78
- 100 to 1610
- 6295 to 6643
- 9012 to 9124
- 11578 to 13435
- 16197 to 16302
- Individual missing details pages are:
- The SQL statement for extracting missing gaps in RefID is:
SELECT (t1.RefID + 1) AS gap_starts_at, (SELECT MIN(t3.RefID) -1 FROM iti t3 WHERE t3.RefID > t1.RefID) AS gap_ends_at FROM iti t1 WHERE -- t1.RefID >= 6000 AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT t2.RefID FROM iti t2 WHERE t2.RefID = t1.RefID + 1) HAVING gap_ends_at IS NOT NULL;
- https (SSL connection) is not necessary for mere search purposes.
- Potential employers intending to recruit by visiting the Search Trainees button are shown only trainee name, vocation and institution fields. Inclusion of email id and phone number and / or address / pincode is imperative.
- All Trades beginning with "COE-" do not have any TradeCode associated with it in the Details pages.
- Lack of proper primary key enforcement in the affiliations table (and possibly others) results in errors like in this details page. The error is highlighted here.
- A few Districts are referred to by their old name and have got populated into the ITI table as such
- Jagdalpur is a city in Bastar District of Chhattisgarh State but is listed as a district with 1 ITI in it.
- A few Districts with ITIs have no postal district with Lat/Lon data and hence have to be manually filled in.