From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
Methods of Induction heating:
- eddy current heating from the I²R losses caused from the resistivity of a work piece’s material
- Hysteretic heating, in which energy is produced within a part by the alternating magnetic field generated by the coil modifying the component’s magnetic polarity.
When the electromagnetic field induces a current in a component, it passes primarily at the component surface.
- High frequency induction heating has a shallow skin effect which is more efficient for small parts
- Low frequency induction heating has a deeper skin effect which is more efficient for larger parts
- Duxtop 8100CM Induction Cooktop Teardown
- How it works
- How Induction Cooking Works
- A quart of water boils in just 101 seconds
- Induction Cooking - Instant Heat Response
- DIY Induction Heater | DIY 2 | Instructables
- Full Explanation \ Testing
- Heat Calculations
- Design Data