IT and ITES Wiki
From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entreprenureship runs a network of more than 10,000 Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) with seating capacity of around 15 lakh candidates, offering courses in a large number of Sectors under Craftsmen Training Scheme( CTS) with an entry level of 8th, 10th and 12 Std level with a duration of 6 months to 2 years.
- In addition, on-the-job training in Industry under Apprenticeship Act ( ATS - Apprenticeship Training Scheme after completion of courses under CTS in the relevant trade (normally one year duration or 3 years integrated course by combining CTS and ATS offered by the Industy).
- Training in Modular pattern under Skill Development Initiative Scheme (SDIS) or Modular Employable Skills ( MES).
- Training of Trainers (like B.Ed) to function as Instructors in ITI under Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) and entry qualification will be B.E., /Diploma/ITI with relevent experience and the duration will be normally one year.
- Specialised Training ( 1 year / 2 years under CTS) under Centre of Excellence - CoE ( in 500 ITIs).
- Short Term Skill oriented Training ( 1 - 4 week duration) under 'Advanced Vocational Training Scheme (AVTS) in the Central Institutes at Advanced Training Institute - ATI,Chennai, Hyderabad, Howrah, Mumbai, Kanpur, Luthiana, Dehradun. For details visit dget.nic.in.
Restructuring of Courses under CTS, CITS, ATS, CoE & MES
- Given the burdeoning skill gap faced by the Indian economy, there is a clear need to revitalise this large network of ITIs and Centrally Funded Institutions under the control of this Ministry, so that these institutions can provide relevent and employment ready skills to the trainees.
- It has been observed that a proactive partership between various stakeholders can help bridge the gap between the current state of these institutions and their best-in-class capabilities.
- To addresss the issue, the Ministry has decided to setup Sector Mentor councils (SMCs) to focus on courses run/to be run under NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training) and also constituted Core Group in the 11 key sectors to support the Mentor Council of the concerned sector in discharging its function vide DGE&T OM dated 6/1/2014 and 7/1/2014
- Lead continuous development of our Vocational Education System by a providing strong foundation of prized skills.
- Providing Vocational Education in an exemplary manner will make our citizens economically, socially & politically free and independent.
- Identify and hone Potential Skills
- Shaping and guiding the workforce in the right direction
- Inculcate Self-Employment Skills among unemployed and under-employed youth
- Preparing target oriented Vocational Training Programs (VTPs) designed to
- Motivate the student
- Develop understanding, interest, confidence & competency
- Learning by Doing by Bridging Science (knowledge) with Technology (skill)
- Create research atmosphere and enjoy the fruits of modern technology
- Obtaining and Retaining choice Employment
- Achieve Promotion & further career progress
- Providing Social Dignity to the mass of Urban, Semi-Urban & Rural strata of the Indian Society.
- Leveraging Technology to scale up training volume
- Identify Pros and Cons of removal of all old courses
- Consult Industry for fine tuning course specifications
- Determine Equipment, Space and Teaching Resources for the courses
- Decide on objective evaluation methodologies for complete certified vocational competence
The Terms of Reference of the Team
For current Status, View Road Map Under Discussion column
IT and ITES Sector Topics
Note: Do not change page names in blue (those already having content)
Courses Presently Offered (includes Syllabus)
- Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS)
- Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS)
- Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Apprenticeship Training Scheme (ATS)
- Modular Employable Scheme (MES)
Courses Proposed under CTS - by Team Leader
- Computer Hardware and Network Maintenance - ACCEPTED BY CORE GROUP
- IT Software Management - NOT ACCEPTED BY CORE GROUP INSTEAD NEW COURSE PROPOSED ON SOFTWARE TESTING
- IT Communication Management - NOT ACCEPTED
- Knowledgebase Administration - NOT ACCEPTED
- Database System Administration Assistant - ACCEPTED BY CORE GROUP
- ECommerce System Administration Assistant - INITIALLY ACCEPTED AND LATER ON DROPPED AS THE LEVEL IS HIGH
- Spoken English
- Personality Development
- Logical Reasoning
- Social Skills
- Attitude and Etiquette
- Ethics and Integrity
Road Map : Day-to-Day Progress Sheet
Problem Identification,Interviews/Discussion & Summary of Conclusion
- Topic Discussion by Team Members / Experts
- Sector Conclusions
- Job Openings Envisaged
- Online Exams
Revised Draft Syllabus Submitted by Team Members
- CTS Revised Syllabus - COMPLETED
- CITS Revised Syllabus
- ATS Revised Syllabus
- CoE Revised Syllabus - COMPLETED
- MES Revised Syllabus -COMPLETED
NCVT Approved Syllabus
Public Opinion / Comments on the CTS and MES Revised Syllabus and its Implementation
e-Learning Material Mapping for CTS Syllabus from Spoken-Tutorial.org
2 year diploma course after 1 year ITI qualification
With a view to provide a structured upgrade from an ITI to a diploma qualification the following skillsets are deemed necessary to be able to man the country's technical infrastructure in a sustainable manner.
- Database System Administration - All IT infrastructure depend on some sort of data unit storage and manipulation.
- Communication Technologies and Deployment - With the advent of ICT convergence, this is needed for self sufficiency and trust
- ECommerce System Administration - Any webshop or business object transaction on any network needs these skills
- Cloud Creation Management Support and Virtualisation - Rapid consistent deployment without having to manipulate physical hardware makes for lower resource footprint and minimises points of failure
- Cyber Security and Forensics - Affixing responsibility and monitoring and mitigating resource misuses will make for high trusted availability
As these skills need pre-requisites both academic and vocational, sufficient experience of atleast 2 years after completion of 1 year ITI course is advisable, relaxable for exceptional candidates with the right aptitude.
IT & ITES Team
- Core Group Members
- Core Group Experts from Industry
- Resource Contacts
- Sector Mentor Council for IT & ITES Sector Constituted by Secretary, MoL&E GOI
- Champion ITI