COVID-19 - What is the Virus?
From ATI Chennai IT and ITES Wiki
This information is sourced from Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Stay Well and Be Safe
What it is
- This COVID-19 virus is not a living organism.
- It is a protein molecule (RNA or DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the
- ocular (eyes),
- nasal (nose) or
- buccal mucosa (mouth),
changes their genetic code (mutates) and converts into aggressor and multiplier cells.
- Since the virus is not a living organism, but is a protein molecule, it cannot be killed.
- It has to decay on its own.
- The disintegration time depends on the:
- humidity and
- type of material where it lies.
What breaks it
- The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat and that is the reason why soap or detergent is the best weapon.
- The foam CUTS THE FAT (that is why you have to scrub for 20 seconds or more, to create lots of foam).
- By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down.
- HEAT melts fat; this is why it is necessary to use water above 25°C ( 77°F ) degrees for hand washing, laundry and cleaning surfaces.
- In addition, hot water makes more foam, making it more effective.
- Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ALL FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
Bleach in Water
- Any solution with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaking it down from the inside.
Additives / Conditions - Pros and Cons
- Oxygenated water increases the effectiveness of soap, alcohol and chlorine, because hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) dissolves the virus protein. However, because you have to use it in its pure form, it can damage your skin.
- NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC WILL WORK because the virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.
- The virus molecules remain very stable at colder temperatures, including air conditioning in houses and cars. They also need moisture and darkness to stay stable. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade the virus faster.
- UV LIGHT on any object that may contain the virus breaks down the protein. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.
- The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
- Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
- NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is only 40% alcohol, and you need a minimum of 65%.
- LISTERINE mouthwash is 65% alcohol.
- Viral Load - The more confined the space, the higher the concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
- You have to wash your hands before and after touching any commonly used surfaces such as:
- mucosa (mouth area),
- cell phones
and don't forget when you use the bathroom.
- You have to MOISTURIZE YOUR HANDS due to frequent washing. Dry hands have cracks. The virus molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
- Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.